Divorce Options workshops offered monthly.
What is a Divorce Option workshop?
It is a three hour workshop led by three professionals, an attorney, a mental health professional and a Financial specialist.
You will learn what you need to know about divorce including:
- Understand the legal, financial and psychological-social issues of divorce.
- Learn about the various options to get a divorce.
- How to talk about it to your children and your family and community.
- Discover community resources available to help you.
For dates and locations please go to:
What I can do for you as a Divorce Coach
Divorce may involve emotional issues that can impact the divorce process. Divorce coaches assist clients to more effectively manage emotions throughout the divorce process resulting in better communication and agreements
As a divorce coach I can help you with following skills:
- Effective communication
- Managing reactivity to stress
- Advocacy for yourself
- Parenting plan so children’s voice is heard throughout the process
A divorce coach will assist in establishing a structured communication system with your spouse to:
- Make the divorce process easier for you and your children
- Help to co- parent after the settlement
- Develop strategies to present your ideas and concerns so you will be understood
- Assist you in understanding your spouse’s concerns so they feel heard
Managing reactivity to stress
Throughout the divorce process it is important for you to participate in meetings being the best you can be. A divorce coach can assist you in:
- Gaining awareness or your emotions
- Managing difficult emotions
- Managing your reactivity to your spouse and your stress
- Increasing your effectiveness throughout the divorce process.
Advocacy for yourself
A divorce coach will assist you to identify what your want for yourself and others in the divorce process and be able to express them in an assertive and clear manner.
As a divorce coach I will assist you to learn new ways to cooperate as parents living in two different homes.
As a divorce coach I will help you develop a co-parenting plan based on your children’s wants and needs. The divorce coach will assure your children have a voice throughout the divorce process.