Work Experience: Private practice in San Mateo, CA since 1985
- Masters Degree in Professional Psychology, JFK University – Orinda, CA
- Clinical Internship at Elliott Community Mental Health Center at Emerson Hospital – Concord, MA
- Internship at Child Sexual Abuse Treatment Program (known as the Guerrareo Institute) – Santa Clara, CA
Continuing Education and Consultation:
- 40 hour Mediation course at Stanford University
- Between 1985 and 1992 attended weekly group clinical case seminars with Joe Weiss, Ph.D. and individually consulted with George Silberschatz, Ph.D., both at the San Francisco Psychotherapy Research Group.
- Trained in Hypnotherapy with Deborah Ross Ph.D.
- Trained in Couples therapy based on the Differentiation Model developed by David Schnarch,Ph.D. author of three books: Constructing the Sexual Crucible, Passionate Marriage, and Resurrecting Sex.
- Trained in The Psychobiological Approach to Couples Therapy (PACT) with Dr. Stan Tatkin, UCLA CA
Participated in the following six day workshops with Dr. Schnarch:
- 1998 – 6 Day Sexual Desire Workshop
- 1999 – 6 Day Systemic Workshop
- 2000 – 6 Day Passionate Marriage Clinical Workshop
- 2001 – 5 Day Clinical Practicum
- 2002 – 6 Day Sexual Dysfunction Workshop
- 2003 – 5 Day Clinical Practicum
- 2003 – 3 Day Collaborative Divorce Training
- 2004 – 6 Day Advanced Desire Workshop with Dr. Schnarch
- 2005 – 5 Day Clinical Practicum on Working with High Conflict Couples, Dr. Jim Maddock
- 2006 – Advanced Seminar – Working with High Conflict Couples with Post Traumatic Stress.
- 2009 to present – PACT training: Psychobiological Approach to Couples Counseling.
- Emotional and Psychological Effects of Divorce
- Communication Workshop (offered to San Mateo Collaborative Lawyers) – 2003
- International Academy of Collaborative Practice (IACP)
- Member of California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT)
- Associate Member Collaborative Practice of San Mateo County (CPSMC)
- 2009 – 2011 Chair, CPSMC Program and Continuing Education Committee
- 2012 Co-Chair, CPSMC Executive Committee
- 2013 Chair, CPSMC Executive Committee
- Emphasis on working with relationship issues, Intimacy and Sexuality.
- Working as Divorce Coach and crafting of Co-Parenting plans using the collaborative practice model.
- Led two groups: One for “Dealing with Divorce and the Aftermath”, and one on “Relationship and Intimacy”.