Work Experience: Private practice in San Mateo, CA since 1985
- 1985 – Master’s Degree in Professional Psychology, JFK University – Orinda, CA
- 1981 – 1983 – Internship at Child Sexual Abuse Treatment Program (known as the Guerrareo Institute) – Santa Clara, CA
- 1980 – Clinical Internship at Elliott Community Mental Health Center at Emerson Hospital – Concord, MA
Continuing Education and Consultation:
- 2009 – Present: Trained in The Psychobiological Approach to Couples Therapy (PACT –https://thepactinstitute.com/) and completed Level III with Dr. Stan Tatkin, UCLA (https://stantatkin.com/), author of “Wired for Love”, “Your Brain on Love”, and “We”
- 2005 – 2009: Training with Jim Maddock, Ph.D. and Noelle Larson, Ph.D.
- 2006 – 2009: Consultation with Noelle Larson Ph.D.
- 2006: Advanced Seminar on Working with High Conflict Couples with Post Traumatic Stress.
- 2005: 5 Day Clinical Practicum on Working with High Conflict Couples with Dr. Jim Maddock
- 1998 – 2006: Trained in Couples therapy based on the Differentiation Model developed by David Schnarch, Ph.D., author of “Passionate Marriage”
- 1998: 6 Day Sexual Desire Workshop
- 1999: 6 Day Systemic Workshop
- 2000: 6 Day Passionate Marriage Clinical Workshop
- 2001: 5 Day Clinical Practicum
- 2002: 6 Day Sexual Dysfunction Workshop
- 2003: 5 Day Clinical Practicum
- 2003: 3 Day Collaborative Divorce Training
- 2004: 6 Day Advanced Desire Workshop
- 2004: 40 hour Mediation course at Stanford University
- 1990: Trained in Hypnotherapy with Deborah Ross Ph.D.
- 1985 – 1992: Attended weekly group clinical case seminars with Joe Weiss, Ph.D. and individually consulted with George Silberschatz, Ph.D., both at the San Francisco Psychotherapy Research Group.
- 2012 – 2018: Divorce Options Workshops
- 2003: Emotional and Psychological Effects of Divorce
- 2003: Communication Workshop (offered to San Mateo Collaborative Lawyers)
- Member of California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT)
- International Academy of Collaborative Practice (IACP)
- Associate Member Collaborative Practice of San Mateo County (CPSMC)
- 2013: Chair, CPSMC Executive Committee
- 2012: Co-Chair, CPSMC Executive Committee
- 2009 – 2011: Chair, CPSMC Program and Continuing Education Committee
- Emphasis on working with relationship issues, Intimacy and Sexuality
- Worked as Divorce Coach and crafting of Co-Parenting plans using the collaborative practice model
- Led two groups: One for “Dealing with Divorce and the Aftermath”, and one on “Relationship and Intimacy”